Still running and gets you where you need to go.
This Traveler was originally not running and full of rust, bondo and fiberglass when I first got it. After joining the Sonora Desert Scouts club here in Phoenix, I was able to pick up a much nicer tub from a 76 Terra that had been parted out. The club members helped me set the body on the diesel chassis, and the resurrection began.
I upgraded to the Mercedes Turbo exhaust housing, and made my own 2 1/2 inch exhaust system that I brought out through the drivers side panel in front of the rear tire (something different, and great clearance). I installed Hydroboost from a 91 Astrovan. I replaced the factory guages with aftermarket oil press., water temp., boost, tach, speedometer, pyrometer, volts, fuel and a clock. I rebuilt the front calipers and replaced all the hard brake and fuel lines. Installed braided stainless brake hoses and new rear wheel cylinders. Built my own fuel guage sender and repaired all of the wiring that needed it
The Traveler came with Rancho 2 1/2 lift springs, but they rode very stiff! I pulled the smallest leaf from the fronts, and the two smallest leaves from the rear spring packs and it rides much better. I also installed new seats from a 2008 Caravan and built some 2x6 tube bumpers for it.
There are a lot more things done, but I would be here all day. Enjoy the pictures and ask if you have any questions. Thanks, Adam.
1980 Nissan SD33T turbo diesel. It's by no means fast, but gets around just fine. With 3.54 gears and 32" BFG's, I'm getting about 18-20 mpg. Much better than the 12mpg I was getting with the 4runner I traded for it.
Eventually, a SOA conversion and hopefully reinstall and update the Air Conditioning.